Dream: to see churches disciple children more effectively.
Making that dream possible: churches who equip parents to disciple their kids.
Winfield Bevins provides parents with a helpful list of practical ways to pass along the Christian faith to their children:
- Find a good children’s Bible.
- Remember to have fun with your children while learning the Bible.
- Keep the time brief to hold the child's attention.
- Recite the verse several times a day in your child's presence so it becomes familiar to them.
- Make flash cards with Scripture on one side and the book, chapter, and verse on the other.
- Put the verse to music or rhythm. Your child will enjoy singing and clapping their hands.
- Think of fun activities to make the verse fun and easy to remember.
- Tell them you are proud of them and have them recite it to someone else, like a grandparent or teacher.
- Pray with your children every day at meals and before they go to bed at night.
Check out Winfield's entire series of posts on discipleship in the home here.